Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baby Names

Because Rob and I are not going to find out the gender of the baby, we have had to agree on a name for each gender. As much as he lobbied for Dale for a boy (after his great hero Dale Earnhardt), I just could not bring myself to do that to our son. He also wanted John, but his father is John as well as his step-brother and my cousin, so it would just be too confusing. The only way I have been able to keep the name from being Dale or John is to agree to another family name, which is Thomas. I had my qulams about it at first because he has a cousin named Thomas, but we could agree on no other name so if it is a boy he will be Thomas Robertshaw Eynon. (For those of you who don't know Robertshaw is Rob's middle name and has been passed down for a few generations.)
Naming the girl was much easier. Rob had heard the name Lorelei on a song even before we were having the baby and it was decided that would be our first daughter's name. If the baby is a girl, she will be Lorelei Joan Eynon. (Joan is Rob's grandmother's name.) My mom does not like Lorelei at all, so if she calls her Lulu or some other random name that is why.
Now that we have decided upon names, we only have to wait to see if we are going to have a Thomas or a Lorelei.

6 comments:

  1. Your Mom probably will have her own name for the baby. Guess will have to see if it turns out to be a boy or girl as to which name wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute names we still have to come up with 4 we have no Idea right now! We will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of them! Unique! The time will be here before you know it!;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For all the girls, we named them after birth - we have learned, bad idea! Pick at least a few names, so it's only multiple choice when you're in the hospital on drugs! Another thing I have decided...we're keeping all future names to ourselves so our parents can't give their opinion until the cute little baby is resting in their arms and then - anything sounds good they're so happy! :) good luck to you...Do you pronounce it "lor-a-lie"? (I think I've heard it, but not in a song...what song?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah that is the way it is pronounced. It was in some country song, but I can't remember which one. I'll have to check with Rob. Apparently is was also in a book I gave Grandma to read, but I honestly don't remember it from that. I don't know you could wait to pick a name. We struggled for a boy name. He would end up not having a name for a few days. Your names for the girls are all good though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute names! I love them both. Josh and I had a hard time agreeing on names too so the first one we both liked we stuck with it. Glad to see everything is going well and your little person is so cute, I love the hiccup!

    ReplyDelete