Friday, February 3, 2012

January 2012

The last month has been busy with me starting back to school for the semester. It was tough getting back into it, but after the exams this past week I think I am getting back into the swing of things. Lorelei goes to stay with Pops while I do my classes and she has learned to pull the stool around the counter and steal drink from Granny. Granny has been on a diet and is only drinking water now, so Lorelei is not having as much luck anymore.She enjoys eating white donuts as much as Gabe did when he was her age, only she makes a much bigger mess as shown by the hand print next to her on the couch and the white mouth.
We went to eat Mexican with Pops one day and Lorelei found a new way to eat her salsa. She will eat maybe one chip with salsa and then she just wants the salsa.
We went back to eat Mexican for Granny's birthday in January and Lorelei decided since she didn't have a straw that she would just drink the salsa. Granny bought her this hat and when she gave it to her she wouldn't take it off. She has even worn it on days that have been pretty warm.
This past month, my parents dog had puppies. My dad had the feeling that he should put a light and some straw in the dog house and the next morning he went out and saw that Ginger had had 10 puppies. Lorelei has claimed this black one (with white paws) for herself and named her Cocoa. She says that all the white ones are mommy's puppies. When Pops starts to give the puppies away I don't know what she is going to do. We will probably bring Cocoa home, but she is going to be very disappointed that there are no more white puppies!
One weekend we went to Asheville for me to go a conference for some pharmacy meetings. I have to get in hours each year for school. The hotel we stayed in, Grove Park Inn, was huge! It even had a spa that several people visited for massages and loved, but Rob and I prefer that other people not touch us. Lorelei made herself at home as soon as we got there by climbing into the bed. She also loved jumping on it! Asheville isn't the best place to take a young kid, especially when it is raining, but Rob took her swimming one morning at the indoor pool and she loved that. We also went to eat at a great restaurant called Tupelo Honey Cafe. I had some great shrimp and grits and Rob had homemade tomato soup and with a grilled cheddar cheese sandwich. I also took Lorelei out to get ice cream at The Hop. She ate all of her chocolate ice cream and I had a salty caramel. It was sweet, but really good.
This past week while I studying, Rob insisted that I come see what Lorelei was doing. Of course I went. He had set up some pillows and blankets on the floor so that she could "fly" onto them. She was jumping off of the couch and landing on them. She would even just fall right off onto them. She kept doing it again and again. Every time she would jump she was something else: Nemo, a dragon, a parrot, penguin, pigeon, rooster, and any other bird Rob could think of. We still have them set up because now she thinks she can just jump off the couch whenever she wants.

I am now 35 weeks pregnant and the countdown has begun to March 1! Just in time for spring break. We have planned our C-section and now we just have to make sure we are ready. Before the baby comes I have several exams to take, so I am praying the baby will wait until the set date. Still no boy name, but I am hoping that if it is a boy I will know what to name him when I see him. I hope Lorelei takes having a new baby around well. As long as she doesn't pull the baby around like she pulls those puppies around I think we will be okay. It is hard to believe we are a little less than a month away from having another baby, but I am definitely ready to be done with being pregnant and can't wait to meet him/her.

3 comments:

  1. so exciting charity! and its ok..we went into the hospital with no boy name either, but we figured it out before we even got out of recovery. you will just know. be sure to post pictures!!

    ps: lorelei is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look small for only 1 month to go - Lorelei looks like a bundle of energy/fun (fun if you have energy for her!) I caught Seth dragging Carolyn down the hall when he was about Lorelei's age (I had left them to use the bathroom and Carolyn started crying, so Seth was "bringing" her to me...lesson learned: take toddler to the bathroom with you when you go)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the cute photos of Lorelei. The new baby must be a teeny tiny baby- you are not very big. Can't wait to here what you have on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete