Friday, February 26, 2010

January



Time has flown by since Lorelei has been born. I am amazed at how much she has grown. In January, we had another doctor visit. Rob refused to go to see Lorelei have shots again, so I took the morning off work and took her to the doctor. He said she was doing great and that she was beyond where she should be at four months. After the doctor saw her, the nurse came in to give Lorelei her shots. She screamed and screamed, but I still took a picture. We found out that she was 12.5 lbs and 24.5 inches long. We finally moved her up into 3-6 month clothing, which was big, but her 0-3 month clothing was getting to short. Lorelei began rolling over during January too. She had previously rolled, but she really started rolling in Jan. The biggest problem is that she rolls from back to front easily but cannot always get rolled back onto her back. I finally have been able to get some good pictures of her smiling. I am not the best photographer, but I try. Lorelei has also wanted to sit up more. She tries to lift up but can't do it. She absolutely loves her fingers and has also found her toes. She lifts them up and tries to eat them. She still loves staying with Grandpa Rickie and her dad while I work. They take great care of her and I am so glad we have been able to avoid putting her into daycare.
We also made a trip to Charleston in Jan. to visit Grandma Joan. It was a nice relaxing visit. It rained all day the Saturday we were there, so we stayed in and enjoyed the fireplace.
January was also an eventful month for me because I cut off 10+ inches of my hair to donate to Locks of Love. It was hard for me to do, but after Lorelei had my hair with both her hands and a foot, I knew it had to go and I love the new do. I can't pull it back into a ponytail, but it I have been enjoying it because it takes much less time to wash and dry.

5 comments:

  1. she is so cute....and i LOVE the shorter hair on you...I think it looks good! you can totally pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair short - it looks good on you. She is getting so big. Surprising that she can roll easily from back to front but not the other way - that's opposite of all mine so far (just a little push and hold that big head up and they usually flip right off their stomachs but can't get back)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious, Charity! I love seeing her sweet little smiles! And your hair is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet. I don't blame Rob about not wanting to witness shots! I used to schedule them on days Josh could get off to come too. One time I made my dad take Wyatt and hold him while my parents were in town. I am a whimp.

    ReplyDelete