Monday, November 16, 2009

Lorelei - 2 Months Old







I can't believe Lorelei is already two months old. She is growing like a weed. She has begun to look at her hands in the last week. When she is in a good mood she will lie on her play mat and swing her arms. When she hits any of her toys that make noise she gets so excited and flails her arms and legs even more and makes all sorts of happy noises. During the last month, she celebrated her first Halloween. We dressed her up and a frog and I went as the princess. Rob went as a hippie and won tackiest costume while Lorelei got a prize for being one of the cutest kids. Lorelei's favorite place is her changing table. She absolutely loves lying on it. She coos and moves her arms and legs. We also put her in a swing, but she does not always enjoy being in it. Lorelei will also hold one of her rattles and I watch her the whole time she has it because she throws her arms all over the place and I feel like she will hit herself in the head. She likes to grab other things as well such as my hair and people's shirts. We have begun reading to her and she loves when I read Dr. Suess's Green Eggs and Ham. She even looks at the pictures on each page. Her neck is getting stronger and one of these days she'll begin to hold her head up, but she is not quite capable of keeping it up on her own. She has begun to like her baths too. She especially likes coming out and being wrapped up in her towels.




I enjoy dressing Lorelei up. Here are a few pictures of her before/after church. I'm not sure she liked the bonnet, but it came with the outfit, so I put it on for a few pictures.





Rob and I love our little girl even when she is being a fuss bucket. She wears Rob out some days. He doesn't stay up as late as he used to and he does not have time for naps. She likes to sleep in the mornings and usually stays awake most of the afternoon while he is home. She is also spoiled rotten so that if she isn't dead asleep if we try to put her down her little eyes pop wide open and she won't go back to sleep unless someone is holding her. We have a carrier that we use to walk her in and that helps put her to sleep too. She loves being walked around. Rob or I will walk her down to Aunt Susie and Uncle Bobby's and she falls asleep most of the time before we make it there. Rob will also walk her around in the field outside. Lorelei is also a good shopper. My mom and I have taken her with us several times and she either sleeps or looks around in awe. Lorelei has been a great blessing in our lives and we are grateful for her everyday.

3 comments:

  1. She is getting so big. I can't wait to see her again. Hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. I will look forward to seeing her again soon. I loved her little frog suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try a cloth rattle/toy (doesn't hurt when they hit themselves) :)
    I love dressing little girls up for church - bonnet and all. I like the frog/princess duo - I have a frog costume I got on clearance a few years ago and didn't use yet...so Alee will be the frog next year. :)

    ReplyDelete